Dedicated to helping newcomer women and their families learn, grow and build their lives in a new country. We support women to identify their needs, set goals, connect to the community, access services, and make informed decisions. These steps move women closer to their goals and help build stability for themselves and their families to thrive and prosper.
- One-on-one settlement support for women & families
- English conversation circles
- Gender-based violence support
- Employment services, workshops & events
Services are open to all newcomer women, including permanent residents, refugee claimants, temporary visas and naturalized citizens. In addition, our Healing Together Program supports women who are permanent residents through one-on-one counselling and group sessions.
Helping you to learn about and access community and government programs and services to help you meet your needs.
What We Provide:
- Free community services & programs
- Benefits & income support
- Housing, tenant rights & rent assist
- Child care & subsidy
- Language classes & other education opportunities
- Programs for children, youth & families
- Health & family doctors
- Volunteer opportunities
Due to Covid-19, we are trying to provide more services by phone or virtually. In-person services are still available if necessary to support urgent issues. English conversation circles & employment workshops are being offered virtually for the time being. Stay safe and stay healthy!
Connect with a Settlement Worker
We offer one-on-one employment counselling and support as well as workshops and trainings to support newcomer women looking for work.
*PR and non-PR holders are welcome!
- Exploring employment & career goals
- Resumes & cover letters
- Searching, applying & interviewing for jobs
- Accessing training, employment & education programs & services
Connect with the Labour Market Intermediary
After you came to visit me at my home then things became more light. I was always home and now I do more things. Now I am busy. I am so happy.
– Centre Participant