Drop-In Free Services
- Community phones for local calls
- A Computer
- Laundry Machines (by appointment only)
- A Shower
- Hygiene & Harm Reduction Supplies
- Access to Traditional Medicines
- Workshops, Activities & Info Sessions (view the Programming Calendar)
- Information & Referrals to Other Services and Organizations
Please read our COVID-19 Plan to find out how we are operating drop-in safely.
Meals and Snacks
Monday, Wednesday & Friday
Lunch @ 12 PM
Tuesday & Thursday
Dinner @ 5 PM
Breakfast & Coffee @ 10 AM
Scheduled meals are provided until supplies last.
Our childminding space is closed due to COVID.
We Serve ALL Women
At West Central Women’s Resource Centre, we serve ALL women.
Women who access our centre may have many different abilities, bodies, experiences and beliefs. So long as you identify as a woman, you are welcome in our centre.
We recognize that we all carry conscious and unconscious biases that affect our behaviour. Staff at WCWRC continually challenge themselves to move to a place of being more inclusive of the diversity of women’s lives, bodies, beliefs and experiences.
Men in the Centre
Our DROP-IN is a space for ALL women.
Men visiting the Centre
- Report directly to the Reception Desk
- Follow directions given by WCWRC staff and mentors
- If you are here for an appointment, please wait in the chairs across from the Reception Desk
Men are welcome in the Centre when
- Making deliveries (mail, packages, etc.)
- Making service calls/centre repairs
- Meeting directly with WCWRC staff
- Attending community celebrations or workshops open to all community members
- 16 years-of-age or under with a parent/guardian
- During our family hours (Tuesdays 4-8pm)
Men waiting for Partners & Family
Please wait outside the Centre or visit one of the following spaces nearby:
St. Matthews Maryland Community Ministry
Corner of McGee and St. Matthews
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 1:30 PM – 4 PM
DMSMCA Resource Centre
823 Ellice Avenue @ Arlington Street
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday: 10 AM – 4 PM
Thursday: 1 PM – 4 PM
It was fun to be with women where there was a spirit of shared generosity and humour…in terms of kindness, support, acceptance, respect and care.