Drop-In & Food Services
Our Drop-in is a great place to stop by, have a snack and chat with other women in the community. The chairs are comfortable and hot coffee is always available.
The Drop-in offers free access to:
- community phones for local calls
- laundry facilities (by appointment only)
- a shower
- weekly hygiene giveaway (sign-up required)
- access to menstrual items
- workshops, activities, and information sessions (see the Programming Calendar for more)
- information and referrals to other services and organizations
Meals and Snacks
- hot coffee and tea
- light breakfast Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9:30 am
- lunch on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at noon
- dinner on Tuesday and Thursday at 6:00 pm
- full breakfast Saturday at 10:00 am
Our spacious play area is equipped with lots of wonderful toys and books. When a child is accompanied by a parent or guardian, this room is available for use during any of the Centre’s regular hours. Children can also play in the care of trained Childminders while a parent or guardian is in the Centre; enjoy a coffee and conversation in the Drop-in or participate in a program.
Regular Childminding hours are:
- Monday 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Tuesday 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Wednesday 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Friday 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Please note: children must remain with parent’s caregivers at all times. If children are in the childminding room, parents/caregivers must remain in the building.
We Serve ALL Women
At West Central Women’s Resource Centre, we serve ALL women.
Women who access our centre may have many different abilities, bodies, experiences and beliefs. So long as you identify as a woman, you are welcome in our centre.
We recognize that we all carry conscious and unconscious biases that affect our behaviour. Staff at WCWRC continually challenge themselves to move to a place of being more inclusive of the diversity of women’s lives, bodies, beliefs and experiences.
Men in the Centre
Our DROP-IN is a space for ALL women.
ALL MEN VISITING THE CENTRE:
- Report directly to the Reception Desk
- Follow direction given by WCWRC staff and mentors
- If you are here for an appointment, please wait in the chairs across from the Reception Desk
MEN ARE WELCOME IN THE CENTRE WHEN:
- Making deliveries (mail, packages, etc.)
- Making service calls/centre repairs
- Meeting directly with WCWRC staff
- Attending community celebrations or workshops open to all community members
- 16 years-of-age or under with a parent/guardian
- During our family hours (Tuesdays 4-8pm)
MEN WAITING FOR PARTNERS/FAMILY
Please wait outside the centre or visit one of the following spaces nearby:
St. Matthews Maryland Community Ministry
Corner of McGee and St. Matthews
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
DMSMCA Resource Centre
823 Ellice Avenue @ Arlington Street
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Thursday 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Where we are:
640 Ellice Ave
Monday - 9:00am to 4:30pm
Tuesday - 12:30pm to 8:00pm
(4-8pm open to families/male partners)
Wednesday - 9:00am to 4:30pm
Thursday - 12:30pm to 8:00pm
Friday - 9:00am to 4:30pm
Saturday - 8:00am - 12:00pm
For more information on when and how you can access services, please contact 204-774-8975, firstname.lastname@example.org or come by the centre to speak to staff in the drop-in
Please note we no longer have a clothing room and we do not offer counselling services at our centre. See Resources & Links to learn more about mental health, clothing, and other support services in Winnipeg.
“It was fun to be with women where there was a spirit of shared generosity and humour…in terms of kindness, support, acceptance, respect and care” – participant