Drop-In & Food Services
Please see our COVID-19 Plan for more information on how we are operating our drop-in safely.
The Drop-in offers free access to:
- Community phones for local calls
- A Computer
- Laundry Machines (by appointment only)
- A Shower
- Hygiene & Harm Reduction Supplies
- Access to Traditional Medicines
- Workshops, Activities, & Information Sessions (view the Programming Calendar)
- Information & Referrals to Other Services and Organizations
Meals and Snacks
- lunch and coffee on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at noon until supplies last
- dinner and coffee on Tuesday and Thursday at 5:00 pm until supplies last
- breakfast and coffee Saturday at 10:00 am until supplies last
Our childminding space is closed due to COVID.
We Serve ALL Women
At West Central Women’s Resource Centre, we serve ALL women.
Women who access our centre may have many different abilities, bodies, experiences and beliefs. So long as you identify as a woman, you are welcome in our centre.
We recognize that we all carry conscious and unconscious biases that affect our behaviour. Staff at WCWRC continually challenge themselves to move to a place of being more inclusive of the diversity of women’s lives, bodies, beliefs and experiences.
Men in the Centre
Our DROP-IN is a space for ALL women.
ALL MEN VISITING THE CENTRE:
- Report directly to the Reception Desk
- Follow direction given by WCWRC staff and mentors
- If you are here for an appointment, please wait in the chairs across from the Reception Desk
MEN ARE WELCOME IN THE CENTRE WHEN:
- Making deliveries (mail, packages, etc.)
- Making service calls/centre repairs
- Meeting directly with WCWRC staff
- Attending community celebrations or workshops open to all community members
- 16 years-of-age or under with a parent/guardian
- During our family hours (Tuesdays 4-8pm)
MEN WAITING FOR PARTNERS/FAMILY
Please wait outside the centre or visit one of the following spaces nearby:
St. Matthews Maryland Community Ministry
Corner of McGee and St. Matthews
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
DMSMCA Resource Centre
823 Ellice Avenue @ Arlington Street
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Thursday 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
It was fun to be with women where there was a spirit of shared generosity and humour…in terms of kindness, support, acceptance, respect and care.