Donating to our organization directly helps women and families move from where they are to where they want to be. A gift of support goes back into the community through our drop-in centre, outreach van and community garden and kitchen. It also contributes to having enough staff to support participants with housing, income, employment, gender-based violence healing and support, and cultural supports.
It is because of donations that we have been able to create a safe and welcoming space for all women and gender-diverse folks in our community. In the past few years, donors have helped make it possible for us to:
Purchase the street outreach van to reach out to those experiencing homelessness. During the pandemic, we are able to give community access to supplies like hygiene and food, and check in on their wellbeing and refer to other services and supports.
- Rent a separate office for our admin team, so the centre can be of full use to community. The centre has a private smudge room, a childminding room, a board and meeting room, drop-in space for community to connect and full access to internet, a phone, a computer, laundry machines, and showers.
- Build transitional housing for women and families in our community. The apartment building we purchased with YOUR help will be rehabilitated and repaired to create 16 homes for women and children fleeing domestic violence.
Without you our work wouldn’t be possible. Please consider donating today!
- Offer your support through an online donation through CanadaHelps by filling out this form. Tax receipts will be provided for all donations over $20.
- Cheques can be accepted in person or mailed to: 640 Ellice Avenue, Winnipeg, MB, R3G 0A7
- For cash donations, please visit us in person.
Give more and get more by donating securities or mutual funds. Since capital gains taxes don’t apply, our organization receives the full fair market value when the security is sold, and you get a tax receipt which reﬂects your larger contribution. Donate securities here.