Please note, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we currently do not have any volunteer opportunities. Please feel free to apply, we will keep your application on file and get in touch when opportunities arise.
Every day, West Central Women’s Resource Centre changes lives. But we can’t do it without our amazing volunteers!
Our volunteer program creates opportunities for building and sharing community connections, social awareness, and skills. We aim to create a space for diverse individuals to work towards goals and provide vital support to the centre. There is a wide variety of opportunities to match your goals. Consider applying to volunteer today by filling out the form below.
What we offer volunteers:
- The chance to make a difference and give back to the community
- An opportunity to develop new skills and/or share your skills and knowledge with others
- A great way to make connections and meet new friends
- Childminding so you can bring your kids with you if needed
- Meals and snacks if they are being offered during your shift
- Letters of reference after 100 hours of satisfactory work
- Our deepest gratitude!
We work one-on-one with volunteers and make a personalized plan that works best for you, is meaningful, and meets your goals.
Our volunteer opportunities are varied, but a few examples include:
- General support in the kitchen, including food prep and dishes
- Administrative support
- Drop-in support
- Special events
- Outdoor clean-up, snow removal, garden work
- And so much more
If you are interested in volunteering please fill out the application form below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-774-8975 ext 224. Spots are limited and based on the needs of our programs. You will only be contacted if you are being considered for a position.