Taking Root is a one-year work experience program for women who want to work in childcare. Participants complete 10 days of free training then work as part-time childminders with our Happy Sprouts Childminding Services.
Each year, 12 women are selected to go through our Taking Root Childminding Training. We are looking for women who:
- Are hard working and reliable
- Want to work towards getting a job in the childcare field
- Available to work approximately 5-10 hours a week
- Have flexible availability
- Unemployed or Underemployed
- Live in the Inner-City
Taking Root Childminding Training includes topics such as:
- Childhood development theory
- The importance of play
- Guiding techniques
- Customer service
- First Aid/CPR
- Food Handler Certification
- Interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution
Lunch, snacks and childminding provided.
For more, contact our Director of Social Enterprise at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-779-8975 ext. 211.