Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we currently do not have any other open volunteer opportunities.
Apply today and your application will stay on file. You will be contacted when new opportunities are available.
Every day, West Central Women’s Resource Centre changes lives. But we can’t do it without our amazing volunteers!
Our volunteer program creates opportunities for building and sharing community connections, social awareness, and skills. We aim to create a space for diverse individuals to work towards goals and provide vital support to the centre. There is a wide variety of opportunities to match your goals.
What We Offer
- A chance to make a difference & give back to the community
- An opportunity to develop new skills & share your skills and knowledge with others
- A great way to make connections & meet new friends
- Childminding if you need to bring your kids with you
- Meals & snacks, if they are offered during your shift
- Letters of reference after 100 hours of satisfactory work
- Our deepest gratitude!
We work one-on-one with volunteers and make a personalized plan that works best for you, is meaningful, and meets your goals.
Our volunteer opportunities are varied but include:
- General support in the kitchen, including food prep & dishes
- Administrative support
- Drop-in support
- Special events
- Outdoor clean-up, snow removal, garden work
- And so much more
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the application form below or contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Eden!
Phone: (204) 774-8975 ext. 224
Spots are limited and based on the needs of our programs.
You will be contacted only if you are being considered for a position.