Update – January 4, 2022
Over the past couple of weeks, the situation with COVID-19 has ramped up significantly, with Manitoba breaking all of its previous case count records. Many people spent the holidays in isolation because they contracted COVID-19. The Omicron variant is very contagious, even if you are triple vaccinated.
Vaccines help us reduce the impact of the virus if we catch it. Thankfully, most fully vaccinated people will recover quickly, should they contract it. However, this variant is still a severe risk to unvaccinated or partially vaccinated community members and our health care system as a whole.
As a result, we are updating our COVID-19 protocols to ensure we meet Public Health guidelines.
- All drop-in services are available: laundry (by appointment), shower, computer, phone, and distribution of hygiene, harm reduction, and extreme weather supplies, but capacity is limited to 3 people at a time
- After 15 minutes, we ask that you leave to allow other participants the chance to use services
- Meals & coffee will be served at regularly scheduled times on a to-go basis only
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday: Lunch @ 12 PM
- Tuesday & Thursday: Dinner @ 5 PM
- Saturday: Breakfast & Coffee @ 10 AM
- Scheduled meals are provided until supplies last.
- Outreach can provide safe rides to shelters/safe spaces during extreme weather, however, the participant must wear medical-grade mask and a face shield
- Housing, income, GBV & settlement in-person support only for emergencies, others to move online or by phone wherever possible
- In-person programming will move online until further notice
- A maximum of 3 participants will be allowed in the drop-in at any given time
- All participants and staff must wear a medical-grade mask
- Masks will be provided at the door upon screening
- No volunteers in drop-in at this time
- Staff are to continue to follow current mandatory masking and shielding guidelines
- The front door will remain locked, and staff will let participants in one by one
- We are checking temperatures at the door
- Any participants with a fever will not be allowed in the Centre and referred to the nearest COVID-19 testing site
- Participants who are not displaying symptoms will be directed to immediately wash their hands upon entering the drop-in.
- All participants who have symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath) will be immediately referred to the nearest COVID-19 testing site.
Please use this self-screening tool https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool/ if you are unsure.