To the best of our ability, we are following directions from the Government of Manitoba, which includes limiting physical proximity. We will remain open for essential services only.
Our main focus will be to preventatively slow the spread of the virus as to decrease the impact on those most vulnerable. As new information is available and recommendations change, WCWRC’s plan will adapt. Please be patient with us as we all work to figure out the best way to handle this situation. Check this page regularly for updates.
We cannot accept donations of items during this time. Please consider a financial donation to allow us to purchase these necessary items for the women and families in our community. All donations $20 and over receive a tax receipt.
Monday, Wednesday & Friday: 9am-4:30pm
Tuesday & Thursday: 12:30pm-6pm
Closed Sundays & Holidays
- Emergency housing, EIA, and gender-based violence support.
- Hygiene supplies
- Cedar and sage
All workshops and group activities are cancelled.
- We are limiting use of our drop-in to the services listed above. One-on-one supports, laundry, and shower require an appointment. Please call us at 204-774-8975 or stop by 640 Ellice Ave to book your appointment.
- A maximum of 5 participants will be allowed in the drop-in at any given time.
- The front door will remained locked and staff will let participants in one by one.
- All participants who have symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath) will be immediately referred to call Health Links and will unfortunately not be allowed in the building.
- Participants who are not displaying symptoms will be directed to immediately wash their hands upon entering the drop-in.
- Once you have completed using the service you are accessing, we ask that you leave immediately to allow other participants the chance to use services.
- All surfaces that participants touch while in the centre will be sanitized immediately.