To the best of our ability, we are following directions from the Government of Manitoba, which includes limiting physical proximity.
Our main focus will be to preventatively slow the spread of the virus as to decrease the impact on those most vulnerable. As new information is available and recommendations change, WCWRC’s plan will adapt. Please be patient with us as we all work to figure out the best way to handle this situation as it progresses. Check this page, our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts regularly for updates.
Monday, Wednesday & Friday: 9am-4:30pm
Tuesday & Thursday: 12:30pm-6pm
Closed Sundays & Holidays
- Emergency housing, EIA, and gender-based violence support.
- Bagged meals to go:
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 12-1pm
- Tuesday and Thursday from 5-6pm
- Saturday from 10-11am
- Hygiene supplies
- Cedar and sage
- Limited groups and workshops when it is safe to do so
- We are limiting use of our drop-in to the services listed above. One-on-one supports, laundry, and shower require an appointment. Please call us at 204-774-8975 or stop by 640 Ellice Ave to book your appointment.
- A maximum of 3 participants will be allowed in the drop-in at any given time.
- The front door will remained locked and staff will let participants in one by one.
- All participants who have symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath) will be immediately referred to the nearest COVID-19 testing site at Thunderbird House.
- We are checking temperatures at the door. Any participants with a fever will not be allowed in the Centre and referred to the nearest COVID-19 testing site at Thunderbird House.
- All participants and staff are required to have a mask when in drop-in. We encourage folks to use reusable cloth masks, but we do have disposable masks in the centre for your use.
- Participants who are not displaying symptoms and do not have a fever will be directed to immediately wash their hands upon entering the drop-in.
- Once you have completed using the service you are accessing, we ask that you leave immediately to allow other participants the chance to use services.
- All surfaces that participants touch while in the centre will be sanitized immediately.