West Central Neighbourhood Immigrant Settlement Services
- Settlement information and support for newcomer individuals and families who live in the West Central community
- Connection to community and government programs and services
- Assist newcomers to engage in community initiatives and programs
Book an appointment with a NISW (Neighbourhood Immigrant Settlement Worker) if you have questions about:
- Free community services and programs
- Housing and tenant rights
- Child Care and subsidy
- Employment training and finding a job
- Language classes and other education opportunities
- Programs for children, youth and families
- Family doctors or healthcare
- Volunteer opportunities
Book Appointment with an Immigrant Settlement Worker
Where we are:
640 Ellice Ave
Monday - 9:00am to 4:30pm
Tuesday - 12:30pm to 8:00pm
(4-8pm open to families/male partners)
Wednesday - 9:00am to 4:30pm
Thursday - 12:30pm to 8:00pm
Friday - 9:00am to 4:30pm
Saturday - 8:00am - 12:00pm
Meet new friends, learn new skills and take home what you make. 2 classes every Monday (10am-12pm & 1pm-3pm). 3-6 week commitment (varies depending on the project).
A casual setting to practice English and meet new people. Schedule varies- call to find out when the next round of classes will begin.
Information Workshops & Events
Group meetings to learn more about specific topics. Contact us for information about upcoming meetings or events.
Contact us about Immigrant Settlement programs
If you have any questions about the sewing circle, conversation circles or upcoming information workshops & events, please contact us using the form below.
After you came to visit me at my home then things became more light. I was always home and now I do more things. Now I am busy. I am so happy.NISW Participant
Employment & Education Coordinator:
T: 204-774 8975 (ext. 211)