West Central Women’s Resource Centre (WCWRC) provides services and programming to women and families in the West Central neighbourhood of Winnipeg.
WCWRC is seeking a full-time Early Childhood Educator II for a term contract ending in September. The ECE II will be responsible for providing quality care with a child-centered approach to the children participating in childminding. The ECE II is responsible for the care of children aged 6 months to 12 years in a parent-on-site, license-not-required setting.
Start Date: ASAP
Time requirement: 30-35 hours per week. Evening and Weekend work required.
Closing date: May 2nd, 2018
Reporting to the Director of Social Enterprise, the ECE II is responsible for:
- Developing a multicultural and age-appropriate program for children
- Implementing new programs and developing creative approaches to engage children
- Maintaining close contact with parents concerning children’s behaviour and development
- Supporting childminders and volunteers- provide training, guidance and feedback as needed
- Creating an environment that fosters positive self-concept and reflects the cultural diversity of the children
- Maintaining accurate records of attendance, snacks and activities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Early Childhood Education Level II Diploma
- Valid First Aid Certificate and CPR Level B
- Valid Criminal Record Check, and clear Child Abuse Registry Check
- Experience working with children aged 6 months- 12 years
- Demonstrated knowledge of child care standards and best practices
- Strong understanding of child development with positive behaviour management skills
- Strong planning, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability/experience working in a multicultural environment including with newcomer and indigenous families
- Strength, stamina and ability to work with active, young children
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a small team
- Professional and responsible with sensitivity to confidential issues
- Strong understanding of empowerment and harm reduction philosophies
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Experience working within the non-profit sector
- Existing knowledge of the issues of marginalization
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Evening and weekend work required
- The job involves working with young children and includes lifting and participating in physical activities. It may also involve the supervision of children and physical activities outdoors.
Please submit resume and cover letter with your availability to the attention of the Personnel Committee
By email: email@example.com
West Central Women’s Resource Centre
640 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3G 0A7
West Central Women’s Resource Centre is committed to representing diversity amongst our staff. Indigenous peoples, visible and ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply and self-identify.